Resistance band are one of the most effective and easy ways to help you stimulate your glute muscles. Generally, when working out, most routines tend to target the quads and lower back. Adding resistance bands before and during your workouts can help you isolate your glutes as well as working on the other parts of your body.
We’ve listed 5 effective resistance band workouts to boost your glutes. These can be done at home or the gym and help build better glutes.
This not only helps with quads and glutes. It’s a effective way to increase hip mobility. Here’s how to do it step by step –
• Lie down on your side and bring your legs out to a 45-degree angle in front of you. Then with your legs till at an angle bend your knees 90 degrees with feet touching.
• One had should be positioned on your hip and the hand closest to the floor up behind your head.
• Position your resistance band around both legs just above the knees, with your hands in position lift the top knee up and lower it back down again, for the best results don’t let your knees touch. Breathe out as you lift up one leg and breathe in as it comes back down.
This exercise is an excellent way of building outer glutes. Here’s how to do it –
• Position your resistance band just below the knees and stand with your feet shoulders width apart.
• Lift one leg to side away from you, while doing this your feel your glutes tightening.
• Holding on to something will help you stay balanced and make sure to work out both legs.
• This is a reverse lunge, you’ll want to start by having your resistance ban around both legs just above the knee.
• Move one leg behind the other bending your knee towards to floor but never touching it.
This is a perfect exercise for increasing the size of your glutes, here’s how –
• Have your band around both legs above the knee and squat.
• Jump as high as you can returning to the squat upon hitting the floor.
• For the best results, try and squat at low as you can when coming back down to the floor.
Straight Leg Kickbacks
This is a great exercise for tightening as well as increasing the size of your glutes.
• Starting on your hands and knees, with your band around each knee. Keep your hands on the floor in front of you.
• Keep on knee bent at 90 degrees on the floor and lift the other leg up. Keeping it straight push it up as far as you can.
• Doing this exercise slowly will achieve the best results.
This begins in the same position as the straight leg kicks backs, for both you and the resistance band.
• Push one leg out to the side, keeping it at a 90 degree angle, then bring it back down to the starting position.
• The other leg should stay on the floor in the starting position.
Seated Hip Abductions
• For this, you need a chair or stool to sit on that keep your knees level.
• Place your band above both knees.
• While seated with feet together, move both legs out as far as possible and bring them back in again (and repeat!)
This exercise maximizes activation throughout your glutes.
• With your resistance band around ether both knees or ankles, walk from right to left, keeping your knees bent the whole time.
Make sure you have plenty of room for this one.
• Lie on the floor with your top half flat, and your knees bent at 90 degrees, feet flat on the floor.
• Position your resistance band just above your knees and keep your feet shoulder width apart.
• Push your hips up while keeping knees and feet in starting position. While pushing up, make sure to squeeze your glutes tight.
• Start standing with feet shoulder width apart and a resistance band around your knees or ankles.
• With your chosen leg push it back as far as you are able, focus on squeezing your glutes as you pull your leg back.
• Try and do this slowly for better results.
I’m Chloe – a body confidence writer here at House of Peach! I help women to feel fabulous in the body they’re in and feel amazing in gym wear – regardless of their body shape and type. Unleash Your Peach.