Maca Root For A Bigger Booty! – Does It Really Work?
Let’s face it, Maca root may not be your go-to ingredient. But with a lot of people calling it a superfood, is it time to learn more about it?
The rise in interest of ways to make your bum look bigger and how to grow your booty has increased! From glute exercises to various supplements – maca has been rumoured to help build a bigger booty. Here’s what you need to know!
Maca is a nutritional powerhouse that claims to enhance curviness, balance hormones in the body and improve body composition.
Maca has been used since 3800 BC by native Peruvians for its various health benefits. (1). Maca root is the root of the plant, also named ‘Peruvian Ginseng’ and ‘Lepidium Meyeni’.
- Maca is the highest altitude plant in the world
- An abundant source of amino acids, several types of minerals and carbohydrates (2)
- Many desirable benefits such as improved fertility, energy levels and digestion
Maca Root For a Bigger Booty
Consuming maca root helps your body to release increased amounts of estrogen.
Estrogen is a key hormone used to promote the development of female sex charactersitscs such as breasts and hips. This means there will be greater amounts of fatty deposits in the buttocks and hips. Ultimately, maca root may be a great natural way to get those desired curves.
Other Health Benefits of Maca Root
- Improves athletic performance
- This supplement has gained popularity among athletes and bodybuilders as it can be used for increased stamina and endurance.
- Boosts sexual function
- Maca root is a powerful aphrodisiac and improve overall fertility in men and women. As well as, minimise menopausal symptoms such as cramps, hot flashes and mood swings.
- Improve memory and learning
- Studies on animals have shown that maca may even enhance brain function! For instance, a 2011 study found maca improved the memory of mice when finding their way out of a maze. Further research needs to be applied to humans.
How To Use Maca Root
Maca root comes in various forms such as a powder, which can be stored for years. It can also be consumed as in capsule or liquid form.
Maca root has a sweet, starchy and earthy flavour. Therefore, it is a versatile ingredient that can be added to many recipes, smoothies and baked treats.
Maca powder dosage
This superfood is nutrient-dense so you don’t need too much to reap the benefits.
There is no recommended dosage, however, you can start with 2 teaspoons daily.
Potential side effects
Even though maca is relatively safe for more people to take it is important to be aware of some side effects. If you experience gas or bloating then this can be due to consuming raw Maca.