4 Exercises to build your glutes at home
Most of us girls want to build our booty, but a lot of us get put off by the idea of going to the gym, right?
So, what if you could build your glutes at home and not have to use your much-needed spare cash on a monthly gym membership?
Or, you might just want some tips on how you can top up your workouts at home, in between gym sessions? There are plenty of bum exercise machines for your home, but what exercises can you do?
Either way, in this post we’ll explain how you can do this, giving you an easy to follow, step by step guide on how to get the bum you’ve always dreamed of, and not need to leave the house to do so! Unleash your peach ♡
This is the basic squat girls, let’s nail this!
- Start by standing with your feet just wider than hip-width apart and try to engage your core.
- Bend at your hips, send your bum back and bend both your knees until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Try to focus on the movement coming from your hips, glutes and hamstrings and NOT your knees and quads.
- Keep your core engaged so that your back stays straight.
- Finally, stand up by squeezing your glutes and return to the starting position.
Another real glute worker here! But with this one, remember you may need to do at least 20 reps in order really feel that burn.
- Start by lying on your back, placing the soles of your feet together and bending your knees outwards.
- Then squeeze your glutes to lift your hips up and make sure your body is forming a straight line from your neck to your knees.
- To activate your glutes even more, push your heels together as you lift your hips up, or bring your feet closer in towards your bum
Remember with this one, It’s all about activating your glute to lift your leg, not about lifting your foot as high as possible. You can also try using resistance bands with this one if you want to increase the difficulty.
- Start this exercise by getting on your hands and knees, with your wrists aligned under your shoulders and make sure your knees are under your hips.
- While drawing your stomach in, lift your left leg parallel to the floor in a kicking position, while bending your knee and keeping your foot flexed.
- Repeat with this leg 15 to 20 times.
- Then switch sides and repeat!
The reverse lunge is a much more productive way to build your glutes than a forward lunge, as the torso angle will activate your glutes more and put less stress on your knees.
- Start by standing with your feet about shoulder-width apart and try to engage your core.
- Then step place your left foot backwards, land on the ball of your foot and keep your heel off the ground.
- Sink into a lunge while bending both of your knees to a 90 degree angle. Keep your core engaged and your hips tucked in (basically, don’t stick your bum out!).
- In order to prevent this from happening, it can be helpful to put your hands on your hips so you can make sure your hips aren’t moving to the sides or forwards/backwards.
- To return to your starting position, push off the ball of your left foot.
- Now step back with your right foot and repeat the lunge on the other side.
- Continue to lunge, alternating sides each time.
Hopefully, this blog has given you some good exercises to get started on in front of the TV! Now, while you’re working towards getting that perfect bum, you could always enhance it and accentuate your curves through our range of leggings? While you’re here, why don’t you check out our seamless leggings, ombre gym leggings, contour Leggings, and our brand new Anti-Cellulite Leggings!